Looking for Papaya Global alternatives?
Let's first give Papaya Global credit where it's due; They are truly a global partner helping to onboard and pay employees in 160+ countries.
But is it the best fit for you? Especially if you plan to hire in India.
Firstly, their pricing model is not the most affordable. And G2 and Capterra Papaya Global reviews highlight how their user interface (UI) experience is not the best. Users have faced issues in managing invoices, mainly when expanding into new locations.
In this post, we will list the top five Papaya Global alternatives in 2023, with key features, cons, pricing and customer reviews. So you can choose the best partner for expanding your workforce in India.
Let's get going!
Top 5 Papaya Global Alternatives and Competitors in 2023
Here are the 5 best alternatives of Papaya Global.
Rapid is an Employer of Record (EOR) helping you onboard high-quality tech talent in India. With deep expertise in India for over 25 years, Rapid always stays updated with local laws and is a reliable partner for your expansion.
- Integrated services marketplace: Rapid goes one step before onboarding and provides you with hiring support from their services marketplace. You can also get in touch with immigration experts and avail filing services through the platform.
- Background verification: Rapid partners with SpringVerify and provides three tiers/packages of background verification (Pro, Power and Premium). Pro has basic checks, and Premium has advanced checks like credit and drug tests.
- Digital onboarding: Employers can fastly generate customised contracts adhering to local requirements by filling in basic details. It speeds up the paperwork. Then, employees can complete onboarding in 5 minutes by uploading all documents online to the Rapid portal.
- IT Equipment Provisioning: You can easily provide laptops and other IT equipment to your employees through a streamlined ordering process.
- Localised benefits: Deep local expertise ensures Rapid understands local laws, employee expectations and liabilities. They provide three tiers of health insurance in collaboration with local service providers.
- Payroll processing: Handles payroll while staying compliant with local laws.
- Flexible Workspace Solutions: Rapid also empowers you to rent office spaces, have in-house teams and not limit yourself to hiring remote employees only.
- All-in-one HR solution: Rapid also offers support further employee lifecycle (post onboarding) by providing a system for: Creating a company calendar, Leave tracking, Reward system, Expenses tracking, Timesheets tracking, Stock options management, Handling employee support queries
- Currently offers support for India only.
Employee: $299 per month per employee
Contractor: $49 per month per employee
Rapid also has a special startup pricing:
Employee: $199 per employee per month
Contractor: $39 per employee per month
Deel is a global EOR for hiring, onboarding and paying independent contractors and full-time employees in 150+ countries.
- International payrolls: Handles payroll in 100+ countries in compliance with local laws.
- Localised benefits: Can help you offer the right benefits package as per the local law and market.
- Immigration and VISA support: Streamlines international hiring in 25+ countries by providing immigration and VISA support. They take all the paperwork related to VISA sponsorship, the application process and compliance from your plate.
- People management: Once the employee is onboarded, you can use the platform to track leaves, conduct surveys and schedule one-on-one meetings.
- 24*7 chat support: Deel offers 24/7 in-app chat support for all your queries.
- Deel is not fully transparent with pricing for services like Global payroll and VISA support. There are additional charges for availing these services.
- They are a bit expensive if you are scaling up.
- Employee: Starting at $599 per month per employee
- Contractor: Starting at $49 per month per employee
- Global payroll: Contact the sales team for pricing
Remote, another EOR service and one of the popular Papaya global alternatives makes it easy to manage international payroll, benefits, and compliance in 50+ countries.
- Faster onboarding: Employees and contractors get access to a self-serve platform for quick onboarding.
- Global payroll: Payroll management in 50+ countries in compliance with local laws.
- Benefits administration: Offers the benefits listed below as per the local laws and job market expectations:
- Health insurance
- Pension and 401(K) plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and sick leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection: Strict documentation and processes for the safety of your IP.
- Owned entities: Remote fully owns local entities in all the countries it covers and does not work with third-party vendors. Thus, the company claims to provide better IP protection and improved employee experience without hidden fees
- Customer support: Provides 24*7 email and chat support for addressing any queries.
- HR administrative tasks: Can automate admin tasks like time tracking, expenses tracking, pre-tax deductions and reporting.
- Consulting services: Offers consultation on talent acquisition strategy, remote workforce management, global employment and more.
- Consultations with in-house HR and legal experts only in the Enterprise plan.
- Prioritised customer support for the Enterprise plan only.
- Pricing is not transparent for Global Payroll and Enterprise plan.
- Employee: Starts at $599 per month per employee
- Contractor: Starts at $29 per contractor per month
- Global payroll: Contact the sales team for pricing
- Enterprise plan: Contact the sales team for pricing
4. Oyster HR
Oyster HR is a global employment platform helping users to hire, pay and manage a distributed workforce in 180+ countries.
- Guided hiring support: Provides step-by-step guidance for hiring employees globally.
- Global payroll management: Helps you easily onboard and pay talent in 180+ countries.
- Total rewards strategy: Can help you strike the right mix of compensation, equity and localised benefits to attract international talent.
- Local benefits management: Enables employers to offer local health benefits, company equity and expense reimbursement.
- Compliance management: Compliant hiring and payroll solution in 180+ countries. Also, they meet the global privacy and security standards, including GDPR and SOC Type II.
- Performance management: Oyster HR also supports performance reviews for employees in collaboration with another platform, Pando.
- Oyster HR currently works with third-party vendors in countries where they don't have local entities. In those regions, they depend on third-party vendors to understand local laws, remain compliant, safeguard data and more.
- Employee: Starting at $499 per employee per month
- Contractor: Starting at $29 per contractor per month
- Customised packages for businesses scaling faster
Rippling started only as a payroll management company, but now they also help to manage HR, IT and Finance for the workforce in 50 countries. The fast-growing company aims to eliminate all the administrative work of running a company.
- Hiring support and tracking: You can post open opportunities to different job platforms and design hiring workflows.
- Global workforce management: Enables companies to hire, pay and manage employees globally.
- All-in-one solution: Brings a centralised system for manual HR, finance and IT tasks. The platform currently supports the below tasks:
- Time tracking
- Benefits administration
- Device and inventory management
- Expenses management
- Learning and management support: Ability to upload and assign courses to your global workforce
- Advanced reporting: Creates reports like headcount, compensation, app activity and more.
- No transparency in pricing. Offers custom packages only.
- Starts at $8 a month per user
- Custom pricing based on the services required
Which Papaya Global Alternative Solves Your Problem?
In the entire list of Papaya Global alternatives, the main bottlenecks have been transparency in pricing and ease of expanding in a completely new location (especially where the EOR does not have local expertise).
Rapid EOR solves all these problems for you.
✅Firstly, we are fully transparent with our pricing and also provide a discounted package for startups aiming for faster growth.
✅Secondly, we provide further cost savings for you through GST passthrough benefits. We exempt all non-salary payments like office rentals and IT equipment from GST calculations, saving you a further 18% on the costs.
✅Lastly, our deep expertise in India helps you get the initial setup done faster and in a compliant way.
Book a demo now to start hiring and expanding in India.